Thursday, 6 November 2014

Imperfectly Perfect


                      To the only man who did not only catch my eye but also did steal my heart.

   
  
    I hope you never get tired of hearing the story of how my heart was captured by your beautiful nature. Yes, you are one of the most amazing people I have met in this lifetime, remarkable indeed.

   Our love story may not be like those we watch in movies, or read in books. I am neither a princess nor a damsel in distress. We do not always have that romantic air around us. Our story does not epitomize a fairy-tale. We are different from all the other people, but we are both the same in so many ways.
    
    I’ve come to love you not because of your strongly built physique or  your charm. I loved you because of all the things other people could not see. The moment I saw you, I knew there was something more than meets the eye. You were seen by many as proud, arrogant, harsh, rude, irrational and very child-like. I too did see those parts of you, but I felt that there was something beneath everything that you are trying to surface, something not everyone can understand. I just had to know if what my guts were telling me is true.

    The more I got closer to you, the deeper I dug into your secret self.  The more I got to know you, the more I grew to love you. I was right. You can never really tell who a person is, unless he lets you into his life. And I want to thank you for letting me in.
   
    When together, we may not be like those mushy,  super sweet, cute couples we see in romantic flicks. We don’t go out on expensive dates, we never celebrate monthly anniversaries, we tease each other, make fun of each other, we argue, I get upset, you get upset, we see every imperfection of each other. But we have what not everyone else has, and we are lucky to have what people call “love”. We are happy living simply. With you, I don’t have to pretend to be someone else, I don’t have to dress just to impress, I don’t have to do my hair or put tons of make-up on. I am most happy when I am myself, and I am myself when I’m with you.

    




I love it when you play your computer games beside me while I search random stuffs on the internet or read about some epic facts, when we watch silly videos on youtube, when we make fun of other people, when we wait for “Family guy”, or “American Dad” to come up on Fox or JackTV, when you cook for me and I clean up your mess right after you cook (HAHA) and when you let me rest on your chest until I fall deep into sleep. 
    

    




     We may not have plenty of money right now, we don’t own a car, we borrow motorcycles from family or friends just to get to places or we commute, our best dates are when we eat your newly invented dish, or when we go out and eat street food but these simple moments are moments money can never buy. These are memories that will make our bond stronger.


I love eating with you :)

        
For all of these, thank you. Thank you for everything you did and are still doing for me. Thank you for pushing me to be better. Thank you helping me gain back confidence in myself by supporting me with the things I want to do. You are the reason I learned to lower my pride. You made me closer to the Source/God, without you knowing it. You are the reason for many things in my life today.


    We might not have everything yet, but for me all those would be nothing if I don’t have you to share my everything with. Right now, all we have is love and respect. And the most important thing of them all, we have trust. You’re my bestfriend. I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment